News & Media
- Event Calendar
- News Releases
- News Release Form
- Athletic News
- Campus E-Update
- Eagle's Eye
- Insight Radio
- Live Events
- Photo Gallery
- UMC Awards
- Experts List
- Emergency Closing Info
|All Day Event||Egg Hunt for UMC Students|
|All Day Event||UMC Bookstore - 25% on all UMC apparel and novelties and 30% on all greeting cards|
|08:30 AM||Grad Fest 2015 - 'No Hassle for Your Tassel' - all graduating seniors are encouraged to attend|
|09:30 AM||PeopleSoft Upgrade Training Session for Supervisors (repeat session)|
|11:30 AM||Weight Watchers at Work Meeting|
|01:00 PM||First Wednesday Emergency Systems Test Day|
|01:30 PM||Faculty Teaching Presentation Finance Tenure Track Candidate|
|05:00 PM||2015 Annual International Dinner and Festival - open to the public, tickets in advance only|
|05:00 PM||UMC Writer's Group Meeting|
The UMC Wildlife Quiz Bowl Team, comprised of students (pictured above left to right) Renee Tomala, Michael McMahon, Bailey Yliniemi, and Megan Betcher, earned the championship trophy for the competition at the Student Conclave of the North Central Section of The Wildlife Society, held March 27-29 at the Audubon Center of the North Woods in Sandstone, Minn. UMC's team competed against teams from nine other universities representing eight Midwestern states (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin). UMC's team won the competition with the last question against Michigan Tech. Congratulations!
The upcoming upgrade of the University's core technology systems will affect all students. The way you register for classes, apply for financial aid, pay bills, and more will change when the Upgrade is complete (scheduled April 20). We are all ready to help you through the change.
Prepare for a systems interruption
Many systems you use will be unavailable or view-only April 10-20. See this complete list of what is/is not available during the systems interruption. Key dates and deadlines are available at upgrade.umn.edu/student.
· If you are expecting financial aid that you have not yet received, please contact Financial Aid right away.
· If you will have charges due with the April 4 bill, make a plan for how you will pay it. The online payment system will be unavailable beginning 4:30 p.m. on April 8. We recommend paying online prior to that date.
· Make sure your Parent/Guest Access is set-up the way you want it before 4:30 p.m. on April 8.
Become familiar with the new and upgraded systems
When the Upgrade is complete, the systems you use will be new or upgraded--including a new MyU.
· Take a look at the new MyU. The new MyU is where you will register, view financial aid, pay bills and more.
· Learn how you'll take care of common tasks by checking out these step-by-step instructions.
· If you're a student worker who submits your timesheet on paper, be sure you know how to submit your work hours online. Workstudy students will continue to use paper time sheets through the end of this semester.
Departments are ready for the Upgrade. Staff are prepared to answer any questions you have about the systems interruption or how things will work in the new and upgraded systems. Webpages will be updated with new information. Until then, you can check out upgrade.umn.edu/student for more information and resources.
Take a peek at features in the new MyU for students, including class schedules, grades, billing, and financial aid. The new MyU will be available across the University of Minnesota system at the end of April 2015.