UMC Academic Advising for Students
University of Minnesota, Crookston
Year Guide - 3rd Year / Junior
Testing Career Decision
- Check your APAS again, to make sure you are on track for graduation.
- Meet with your academic adviser to review and confirm that you have an acceptable plan to complete all requirements for graduation.
- Get to know faculty, counselors, administrators, and career advisers.
- Begin to combine reality testing with values and skills assessment.
- Speak with faculty in your program about current trends in the field and current employment opportunities.
- Start checking with the Career Center about starting your placement file, attending workshops about applying for jobs, and investigating potential employers on-line and reviewing the entire wall of displays in the Career Center dedicated to identifying and posting employment opportunities.
< Back to Academic Advising for Students Home