UMC Academic Advising for Students
University of Minnesota, Crookston
Year Guide - 1st Year / Freshman
Inquiry and Awareness
- Consider college as preparation for your life and future career.
- Enroll in core liberal education courses with the help of academic advisers.
- Improve your study skills. For special problems, such as anxiety or lack of motivation, consider an individual appointment at the Student Counseling Center.
- Attend campus career-related activities (career fairs, job and internship search workshops).
- Meet with your academic adviser and become more aware of the different programs available at UMC, and specific program requirements.
- Learn to retrieve and read your Academic Progress Audit System (APAS)
- Meet with your academic adviser prior to each semester registration.
< Back to Academic Advising for Students Home