Student Clubs & Organizations - Student Activities
University of Minnesota, Crookston
We promote horticulture and all it has to offer…from the aesthetic values to the ecological benefits of trees, plants, and flowers. We also strive to strengthen our horticulture knowledge while having fun and learning.
Club's principal activities, events and programs:
- Every two to three weeks we do fundraising by holding plant sales. At the plant sales we sell a wide variety of house plants and specialty crops grown by the club and horticulture students.
- Create flower arrangements for several campus wide events and activities.
- Several educational seminars offered by great speakers on many topics and you can become an MNLA Certified Professional!
- Attend the annual Minnesota Nursery & Landscape Association (MNLA) ‘Green Expo’ Convention at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
- Compete in the annual Mid-American Collegiate Horticulture Society (MACHS) competition, NACTA, and PLANET
- Provide tours of the UMC campus greenhouses to various individuals and groups throughout the community.
- Fun and entertaining events in the greenhouse!
Club's community service:
- Clean perennial beds in Grand Forks- Fall 2011
- Build retaining wall around the Crookston welcome sign Fall 2010
- Helping and elderly couple clean gutters – Fall 2011
- Minnesota Nursery and Landscape Association Convention- Spring 2012
- Landscape Clean up and reinstallation- Fall 2011
- Winter Wonderland Fall- 2011
- Turned over Mulch at the Fisher School- Fall 2011
How to get involved in this Club:
Contact the President or Advisor. Come to our weekly meetings Thursdays at 1:15pm in the UMC
|Club E-mail || |
|Website || |
|Adviser || |
Office Phone: 218-281-8118
Office Phone: 218-281-8120
|Officers || |
<< Back to Student Clubs & Organizations