University of Minnesota, Crookston
Suggested Check List of Things to Bring
Bed and Bath
- Bed Linen Sheet Set (x-long twin size 36" x 80")
- Pillow and Pillow Case
- Alarm Clock
- Towels and Wash Cloths
- Plastic Bucket for Shower Items
- Bathrobe and Shower Shoes
- Hairdryer, Curling Iron
- Hygiene Items
- First Aid Items
Clothing and Laundry
- Clothes Hamper/Basket
- Clothes Hangers
- Detergent/Fabric Softener
- Season Appropriate Clothing
- Sewing Kit
- Surge Protector/Power Strip
- Desk/Reading Lamp
- Desk Calendar
- Pens, Pencils, Highlighters, etc.
- Stamps/Envelopes/Memo Board/Post-its
- School Id
- White "tack gum" for Posters
- Small Tool Kit
- University Literature and Receipts
- Tape/Scissors/Stapler/Hole Punch
- Flash Drive
- Area Rugs
- Pictures of Friends and Family
- Small Kitchen Pot/Pan
- Waste Basket
Centennial and Evergreen Apartment Kitchen Supplies
- Dishes, Bowls, Cups
- Cooking Utensils
- Pans and Pots
- Coffee Pot
- Kitchen Towels/Sponges
- Cleaning Supplies for Kitchen & Bathroom
- Pot Holders
- Mop, Broom and Dustpan
Don't forget to check out our Linen Service & Value Paks!
Things to Leave at Home
Possession of these items as well as a list of others found in the Residential Life Handbook are in violation of University Policy. Residents who are in violation will be subject to the University conduct process.
- Pets (except fish in small tanks)
- Candle Warmer/Potpourri Burners
- Anything with an open heating element
- Hot Plates
- Alcohol/Alcohol Related Decorations and Paraphernalia
- Deep Freezers/Refrigerator taller no taller than 3ft or wider than 2 ft
- Halogen lights
- Lava lamps
Use this simple rule of thumb: Leave it at home if the item presents:
- A Safety Hazard
- An annoyance to others, or
- A likelihood of damaging your room or furnishings
More Future Students
Attention new & returning students! Fall Semester is right around the corner! Pl...
Attention new & returning students! Fall Semester is right around the corner! Please note the following information...
Residence halls will open for new students on Friday, August 22nd at 8:00 am. After arriving on-campus, please check-in at Centennial Hall for your key and additional housing information. If you arrive after the front desk is closed, please call 218-289-0604 for check-in assistance. A housing contract and $50 application fee is required from an admitted student in order to be placed in on campus housing.
New students: If you need additional time for housing check-in,we offer an early check-in time on Thursday, August 21st from 4:00pm-9:00pm. Please contact our office to make prior arrangements at 218-281-8531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returning students may move into the halls on Sunday, August 24th beginning at 12:00 pm. A housing contract and $50 application fee is required in order to be placed in on campus housing. Fall Student Athletes: Please contact your coach for information regarding pre-season move-in.
Any students needing to arrive any earlier than the dates listed above must register in advance and pay a nightly fee which can be charged to the student's account. Please call Residential Life at 218-281-8531 for more information or email email@example.com.
VIEW MORE | SUBSCRIBE