Located on the UMC Mall, the gazebo is the focal point of the Centennial Park and Gardens.
The Harris A. Peterson Gazebo was constructed during May and June of 2000. It was dedicated at the 2000 NWSA All-School Reunion on June 24, 2000.
A special marker inlaid in the base of the gazebo commemorates the U of M's Northwest School of Agriculture (NWSA) , UMC's precursor from 1905-1968. During that time 5433 alumni passed through the NWSA. Many of those former "Aggies" went on to become regional agricultural, business, and community leaders. The marker recognizes Harris A. Peterson, an NWSA alum who donated $50,000 toward the project. Additional markers will eventually be added to the park and garden to recognize contributions of other UMC and NWSA alumni and to commemorate other events.
For a full listing of
current and past Campus Buildings, click here.