Financial Aid & Scholarships
University of Minnesota, Crookston
Rights & Responsibilities
You have a right to:
- Accept, reject, or seek adjustment to your financial aid award without prejudice.
- Know how much aid you will receive each term and when it will be disbursed.
- Know the terms of any work program award you are offered.
- Know the interest rate, and the amount, method, and starting date of repayment for any loans offered to you.
- Meet with a counselor and review your financial aid record.
- Request a counselor to review any decision you feel warrants consideration due to an emergency or circumstance beyond your control.
- Receive answers to any questions you have about financial aid.
- Cancel all or a portion of loans offered to you.
You have a responsibility to:
- Apply annually for financial aid, following the procedures and meeting all deadlines listed in the application and notification publications.
- Read and retain copies of financial aid information, correspondence, and other related documentation.
- Complete entrance and exit interview and repay all loans according to the terms of your promissory note and truth-in-lending statement forms. (A hold will be placed on your records if you fail to comply).
- Provide complete and accurate information.
- Notify the Office of Admissions and the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships of any change in your name, marital status, scholarship awards, or financial status.
- Notify your University employer if you cancel from classes or terminate your status.
- Abide by University policies and the Student Conduct Code.
Also, see: Consumer Information Annual Notification