Admission and Registration
Admission to CIHS
Students wishing to enroll in the College in the High School program must obtain permission for admission and registration from their high school.
Students must have achieved junior status in their high school and have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.00 in order to register for classes and earn UMC course credit in the CIHS Program.
College in the High School students must maintain a minimum UMC G.P.A of 2.0 each term to continue enrollment at UMC.
REGISTRATION: 2014 - 2015 SCHOOL YEAR
All College in the High School Students must Register for CIHS courses by this date
April 7th -
Nov 3rd -
|All College in the High School "Good Faith" Registrations must be submitted to UMC by this date Under the “Good Faith” understanding it is recommended that the school district request admission and registration for those few students, who are identified as one of the following, through the 10th day of class each semester. |
- New to the school district
- School district CIHS course schedule conflict
- Student course schedule conflict
- Student GPA eligibility improves
Sept 2nd -
Jan 2nd -
To Apply online, please complete the following application and registration
For instructions on how to register please click here
Once completed, this form will be received in the Center for Adult Learning Office at UMC for review. If you have any questions about the receipt or status of your application, please feel free to contact us at:
Center for Adult Learning
251 Owen Hall
2900 University Ave
Crookston, MN 56716
1-800-862-6466 ext. 8677
Dropping a Course
DROPS: 2014 - 2015 SCHOOL YEAR
All College in the High School Student Drops must be submitted to UMC by this date. Year long CIHS drops must be submitted in writing on or before Monday, January 20th, 2015.
To drop a College in the High School Course that you are currently registered for, please submit your name along with the title of the course you wish to drop in writing to the Center for Adult Learning at the contact information listed above.
College in the High School 2014-2015 late add/withdraw/drop fee.
Any UMC College in the High School student wishing to add/drop/withdraw from a University of Minnesota Crookston College in the High School class after the deadline to drop must submit a Petition Form to the University of Minnesota Crookston Center for Adult Learning. This petition form will be reviewed by the Office of the Registrar for appropriate processing. A $50.00 processing fee will be charged per student, per school. This petition does not guarantee admission or registration.
Web Registration Directions
for College in the High School (CIHS) Spring Courses
- Choose a person: Instructor, Counselor, Administrator or Administrative Assistant (students may self-register but need an on-site employee to assist) to register each participating spring CIHS registrant.
- Go to http://cihs-registration.umcrookston.edu/
- Each student must submit information for admission and registration into each class.
- Students must have a cumulative G.P.A of 3.0 and higher and be either a junior or senior in status to be an eligible CIHS participant.
- School's are not required to submit a student's official transcripts but they are required to be the governing body, a confirmation if you will, to ensure that each CIHS participant meets the necessary eligibility qualifications.
- UMC reserves the right to request a high school's CIHS participant's transcripts for auditing purposes.
- College in the High School students must maintain a minimum UMC G.P.A of 2.0 each term to continue enrollment at UMC.
- Follow the "register" link in the upper left hand menu. Type in student's individual personal information. Once the personal data has been entered click the add button. Scroll down to the box that says "My Courses" and click on 'Add' a course. Select the class you would like to register for, from the drop down menu, and click 'Add'.
- When a class appears listed.
- To re-check that a student has been registered for a class you may go to the "CIHS login" from the upper left-hand menu and login. After logging in you may view what classes a student has registered for.
- Once a student is a registered CIHS student they are able to login as a registered user to add classes as needed.
- If a class isn't listed in this drop down menu, the class hasn't been set up for registration. For more information, or if you have any questions please feel free to contact the Center for Adult Learning at UMC at 1-800-862-6466 ext. 8677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.