- UMC Advantage
- Visiting Campus
- Academic Programs
- Online Programs
- Campus Life
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Student Profiles
Name: Matt Scheerer
Major: Senior in Sport and Recreation Management
Hometown: Vancouver, Wa
My name is Matthew Phillip Scheerer from Vancouver, Wa. I've lived in Northern California, and I have met a lot of interesting people through out my journey called college. I have a dog named Ozzie, I'm an only child, My favorite book is the 5 people you meet in heaven, I love music, I love sports, and I think Suduku is worthless.
On Campus Involvement:
Student Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC) President, CSA Senator, Football Team
1. If you have completed or are currently completing your internship requirement, what are you doing?
I am working in Athletic Media Relations at Portland State University. I also do this at UMC.
2. What is the most interesting thing you've learned since being a student at UMC?
Mastering the art of APA Format.
3. What is your favorite activity on and off campus?
I love to cook and that is always a good time, and listening to Music on a daily and nightly basis. Reading a book that changes your outlook on things is something I enjoy as well.
4. What is your best memory from UMC thus far?
Wanting to curl up in the fetal position and die when there was 56 below wind chill.
5. What is the best reason to stay up until 2 AM?
Creating Grand's Pizza Biscuits with Jordan McCormick, Walking to Kum n Go, and calling friends back home.
6. What is the best thing about being a student at UMC?
Because the campus is so small, it allows every student to get involved in a club of interest and develop a relationship with a teacher that allows the student to succeed and reach their maximum potential in their work.
7. What is your advice to others?
Value this small college atmosphere and U of M degree, get involved because it will only help you in the future.