Health Management, BS Online
The Bachelor of Science degree in Health Management is designed to prepare graduates to advance their career in the management of various health care settings while learning from experts in the field. This program provides career-entry opportunities for high school graduates and professional advancement opportunities for health care personnel. With a carefully selected combination of courses in health care management, students are prepared to manage the challenges they face in this dynamic industry.
- Qualified instructors with expertise in health care
- Program has been approved by BENHA (Minnesota) for students interested in seeking nursing home licensure in Minnesota
- Collaboration with health care organizations to enhance student learning opportunities
- Completely online to meet the needs of students whose schedule doesn’t allow them to attend traditional classes
- Option of – completing this degree on-campus is available (please contact an advisor for the Health Management degree)
- Flexible student internships to enhance experiential learning opportunities
- Free Pre-evaluations - If you have previous college credit, send us copies of your transcripts for an unofficial pre-evaluation by one of our academic advisors. We can let you know what previous course work could transfer into our programs before you even apply! UMC accepts all credits that come from a regionally accredited college or university (transfer credits). Pre-evaluations of transcripts are complimentary and are provided typically within 3-5 days of inquiry.
- Affordable tuition rates and financial aid package available
Learn more >>>
Students take an array of general education, technology, management, and health care-related courses. They build on this foundation with specific courses designed to provide an in-depth knowledge of the health care system, including the leadership skills required of healthcare managers.
To become a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator (LNHA) in Minnesota, the health management program has been approved by the Minnesota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators and meets the licensure criteria.
View the degree requirements and sample course plans >>>
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Allied health agencies (i.e. American Cancer Society, American Red Cross, American Lung Association)
- Community-based and home health agencies
- Government regulatory agencies
- Health insurance and Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
- Medical equipment and supply companies
- Nursing facilities, extended care and assisted living facilities
- Public health departments and social services
Plus many more >>>
Related Majors and Minors
Interested in a double major or minor to complement your online Health Management degree? Check out these other majors at UMC.