1) Have you initiated your student account? This is the process where your ID/Password is established for log in procedures. If not, please go to http://www.umn.edu/initiate .If you have technical difficulty setting this up, please call 612-301-4357 for assistance.
2) Please make sure you are checking your U of M email account often, as that is our official means of communication to you. You can check this at the email link located at http://www1.crk.umn.edu/ .
3) To find out what step you are at in the financial aid process, go to the MY FA STATUS link at http://www3.crk.umn.edu/onestop/financial_Aid/ often.
4) Financial Aid will start to disburse into your student account around the first day of spring term and you can access any extra funds if applicable on the first day of classes.
5) You may want to set up Direct Deposit, so that excess funds can be deposited into your bank account back home. To do so, click on the Direct Deposit link at http://hrss.umn.edu/ and follow instructions.
6) If you are taking more or less than 6 credits each term, please contact the Financial Aid Office ahead of time, so that we can adjust your budget prior to disbursement. Otherwise what may happen is you may have to pay back financial aid that you are not eligible for after the 2nd week of classes.
7) If you are choosing to apply for a private alternative loan in addition to any federal student loans you’ve been offered, please go through the FASTChoice link at http://www1.crk.umn.edu/financialaid/aid/loans/index.html#alternative to view some lender options and to apply. Please keep in mind that these loans typically take 2-3 weeks to process.
8) If you would like a parent and/or 3rd party to be able to call and get information about your financial aid, please make sure that you’ve completed the Parent Guest Access steps listed below.
Access for parents & guests
You can grant access to your parent or guest in order to share information or pay your bill. There are two different processes for these different goals. NOTE: Must be registered in order to access these links below.
Access to student records
This Parent/Guest Access link at http://www3.crk.umn.edu/onestop/registration/grades/guestaccess.htm gives any person you choose view-only access to one or more of these six subject areas of your student record.
Financial Aid Status
View Financial Aid Awards
Authorizing view-only access
Log-in to Parent/Guest Access at http://www3.crk.umn.edu/onestop/registration/grades/guestaccess.htm and read the instructions carefully to start the process.
Financial Aid Officer
If you have specific questions regarding financial aid, you can always contact your FA officer:
Last Name: A-G
Last Name H-O
Mary Feller 218-281-8563
Last Name: P-Z
Ashley Langevin 218-281-8561
If you choose to withdraw some or all of your classes after the 100% tuition refund (Refund Schedule and Cancel/Add Approval Requirements) please contact your academic advisor and Financial Aid officer before doing so. Depending on when a class is dropped it may effect your financial aid award as well as your academic standing. If you do not know who your academic advisor is, please feel free to contact the Center for Adult learning at email@example.com or 218.281.8680
Center for Adult Learning
University of Minnesota Crookston
Owen Hall 251
2900 University Avenue
Crookston, MN 56716
800-UMC-MINN (862-6466) ext. 8680
Learn about the partnership the University of Minnesota Crookston has with the University of North Dakota for its online Masters in Business Administration (MBA) program >>>