Communication, BS Online
The Communication major prepares students to be communication professionals. The program emphasizes communication theory and practice in the creation, presentation, and evaluation of coherent messages. With three areas of emphasis including writing, organizational communication/public relations, or communication studies, the career possibilities are endless.
- Choose from three different emphasis areas to fit your career path. To craft your major to fit your career goals, choose the Communication Studies emphasis, or follow a specified track in Writing or Organizational Communication/Public Relations
- Strengthen and develop the writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills you will use every day to communicate effectively with co-workers, clients, and the public
- Create portfolio-building materials in class to use in the real world
Learn more >>>
The flexibility of three emphasis areas - communication studies, writing, and organizational communication/public relations – prepares you to be a communication professional.
View the degree requirements and sample course plans >>>
- event planner and corporate trainer
- editor and technical writer
- corporate communicator, public relations manager
- marketing director and political campaign leader
Learn more >>>
Related Majors and Minors
Interested in a double major or minor to complement your Communication degree? Check out these other online programs at UMC.