UMC Liberal Arts & Education Department
University of Minnesota, Crookston
jQuery Simple Image Slideshow by WOWSlider.com v2.1.3
- Work with a faculty advisor to individually tailor a course of study that builds upon you prior education and experience.
- Enhance your skills in communication, problem solving, and working with others through an exciting capstone experience.
Applied Studies, BS
Have previous educational or technical credits? Can't find the degree program you're looking for? Try the Applied Studies degree program at the University of Minnesota, Crookston to develop an individualized degree.
- The bachelor of science degree program in Applied Studies meets individual needs whose educational objectives cannot be met through traditional degree programs. Students work extensively with academic advisors to develop an individually custom-built program of study or they complete the respiratory care requirements.
- This program is especially convenient for students who transfer with a certificate, diploma, or associate degree in an occupational field. Transfer students into Applied Studies have found that most of their previous technical or community college credits were accepted into their degree program. The experienced faculty advisors were able to help them map out the shortest legitimate route to a bachelor of science degree.
- UMC has an excellent working plan with the United States Air Force ROTC program located at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks. Students can complete ROTC requirements, complete their B.S. in Applied Studies and become commissioned as an officer in the Air Force.
- This degree program is available online and onsite.
Learn more >>>
The applied studies program addresses the needs of individuals whose educational objectives cannot be met through traditional degree programs. It provides a professionally accommodating entry point for students with previous educational and technical competencies to develop an individualized B.S. degree.
View the degree requirements and sample course plans >>>
- Advancement in Respiratory Care
- Advancement to a ROTC Officer
- Advancement in your current career field
Learn more >>>
Related Majors and Minors
Interested in a double major or minor to complement your Applied Studies degree? Check out these other majors at UMC.
Meet some of our alumni and current students and hear what they have to say about their University of Minnesota, Crookston experience. More >>>